Automaton Games is looking for a highly creative Technical Artist to join our team.
- Produce and support tools for the animation team to optimise efficiency and workflow when creating in-game animations.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, predominantly animation and engineering.
- Resolve technical issues and challenges alongside our gameplay programmers.
- Evidence of previous experience in a technical animation role with a strong demo reel to showcase your skills.
- Solid knowledge of Motionbuilder.
- Experience scripting in Mel, MaxScript or Python.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Experience using Maya/Max and CryEngine is an advantage.
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning is a huge plus.
- Understanding of character creation process from concept to modelling and final rigging.
- Game industry experience preferred but not necessary. Skills and experience of delivery throughout all areas of the development cycle is a huge plus.
- Experience in technical aspects of animation such as scripting.
- An understanding of rigging or skinning methods.
- Experience in animation state machines.
- Experience using a variety of game engines, such as CryEngine and Unity.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 20 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019