Automaton is seeking a systems administrator to be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. They will also take the lead in technical research to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure of the studio.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Be responsible for the provisioning and installation of a variety of software and hardware.
- Manage and administer internal services and tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations and manage our active directory domain.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access control, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train team members on new technologies.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with databases, networks, and system maintenance.
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts in a range of languages as and when needed.
- An understanding of various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 20 Jul 2018
Closing date: 1 Nov 2018