Senior environment artist
- Create high quality environments working within a predefined art style as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Deliver a high level, in-budget quality within fixed time constraints.
- Balance technical, gameplay, and artistic constraints and work collaboratively to reach solutions between disciplines.
- Create speed modelled environments to flesh out briefs for fast iteration.
- Present, discuss, and critique your own work as well as other members in the team, providing constructive and effective feedback and direction.
- Development experience on multiple shipped AAA titles.
- A thorough knowledge of modern shader models.
- An enthusiasm and technical ability to learn new processes.
- An ability to work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable working with feedback and take direction effectively.
- A broad knowledge of both current and past video game environments.
- A high proficiency in industry standard tools (Max, Maya, zBrush, Substance, Photoshop).
- Experience in Mel, MAXScript, or Python scripting is beneficial.
- Experiencing using or creating photogrammetry is beneficial.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Your Portfolio Should
- Demonstrate the ability to create large, open world, organic environments.
- Demonstrate your ability to create multiple complex environments, both interior and exterior, in multiple architectural styles.
- Show at least one environment demonstrating strong creative vision, an eye for detail, composition and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrate at least one environment created within strict performance budgets.
- Demonstrate both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
- Demonstrate PC PBR quality texturing.
- Demonstrate the ability to UV complex objects efficiently.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Feb 2019
Closing date: 1 Jun 2019