Automaton is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join the Mavericks team. Our gameplay engineers build from the work of the design, art and core technology teams to refine and implement new game features and associated tools. Our focus on scientific game feature development means that you will be implementing and testing exciting new ideas and working on the bleeding edge of the industry.
- Be responsible for driving new gameplay features through all stages of development.
- Work closely with the design team on the goals and implementation requirements of game features.
- Provide feedback and feature requests to our core technologies team, ensuring you can work efficiently.
- Create appropriate tools for the art and design teams to work with gameplay features where necessary.
- Be involved with the design process offering feedback on the design for features you will be working on.
- Be positive and proactive and contributing to the team and working to solve problems.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or experience in a similar programming role.
- Strong understanding of C# or equivalent, and object oriented programming in particular.
- Willingness to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in order to continuously improve.
- Excellent time management skills allowing you to balance competing demands for your time.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 17 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019