At Automaton Games we're looking for several talented candidates of all experience levels to join our expanding team to take a pivotal role in creating ambitious games.
- Create realistic environments working within a predefined art style as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Work to a high level of quality within fixed time constraints and budgets.
- Balance technical, gameplay, and artistic requirements and work collaboratively to reach solutions between disciplines.
- Create prototype environments to flesh out briefs for outsourcing and fast internal iteration.
- Present, discuss, and critique your own work as well as other members in the team, providing constructive and effective feedback and direction.
- A comprehensive portfolio demonstrating relevant skills and experience.
- A thorough knowledge of working within PBR standards.
- An enthusiasm and technical ability to learn new processes.
- An ability to work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable working with feedback and take direction effectively.
- Professional or hobbyist experience using one or more industry standard game engines (Unity, UE, CryEngine).
- A broad knowledge of both current and past video game environments.
- A high proficiency in industry standard tools (Max, Maya, zBrush, Substance, Photoshop).
- Strong communication skills, with willing to accept and follow direction.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Development experience on shipped AAA titles.
- Experience in Mel, MAXScript, or Python scripting is beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability working with large, open world environments and tools.
- Experience in working with photogrammetry.
- A strong understanding of lighting and composition.
- Proficient in organic sculpting.
- Demonstrated ability creating high quality vegetation.
- Experience working with outsource pipelines.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019