Software engineer (rendering)
Automaton is looking for a talented Software Engineer that specialises in rendering to join our engineering team who has a passion for the creation of state-of-the-art rendering techniques. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of new features, as well as extending and maintaining an existing codebase. Working with a small, expert team you'll be contributing to the bleeding edge of realtime computer graphics.
- Design and implement new rendering features and enhance pre-existing systems.
- Be responsible for the performance and optimisation of features on a variety of platforms.
- Be responsible for creating tools to assist with created features, and work with our art team to ensure they are intuitive to use.
- Debug, investigate, and maintain large, complex codebases.
- Be a part of our engineering scrum team, taking part in planning and daily standups.
- Assist in playthroughs and provide feedback on improvements that could be made.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of one or more graphics/compute APIs (DX11, DX12, Vulkan).
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of mathematical principles relevant for rendering algorithms.
- Self-motivated and able to dive into complex systems with quick results.
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git).
- Experience working as a part of an agile team.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 20 Jul 2018
Closing date: 1 Nov 2018