Automaton is looking for an exceptional Lead Animator. The successful candidate will lead our growing animation team, providing clear direction and strong management to ensure our AAA standard is maintained.
- Set the standard for the animation department in terms of quality and polish and actively support and mentor the rest of the team to meet that standard, providing effective feedback and direction.
- Establish effective pipelines and processes, helping the animation team to deliver work to a very high level of quality within fixed time constraints.
- Balance technical, gameplay and artistic constraints and work collaboratively on reaching a solution between disciplines.
- Line management duties for a team of 3 animators.
- Proficient in keyframe animation, creating strong and dynamic key poses.
- Strong knowledge of motion capture and its use in conjunction with keyframe animation.
- A technical understanding of animation tools and pipelines.
- Development experience on multiple shipped games.
- A passion for video games and experience or desire to make a realistic, first-person shooter.
- Effective line management skills.
- Experience in technical aspects of animation such as scripting.
- An understanding of rigging or skinning methods.
- Experience in animation state machines.
- Have development experience on recent AAA console or PC games.
- Experience using a variety of game engines, such as CryEngine and Unity.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Nov 2018