Automaton is looking for a talented Character Artist to join their Art Team. In this role, you will be required to work within a small, motivated team to construct fantasy style game characters based on approved concept art and direction.
- Create fantasy characters within strict performance budgets.
- Create assets using both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
- Hand-painted and PBR quality texturing.
- Create believable and fantasy materials, showing a sound artistic and technical understanding of surfacing and lighting.
- Build characters built for deformation showing an appreciation of rigging and articulation.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, in terms of both form and motion.
- High proficiency in the use of ZBrush.
- You show enthusiasm, drive, you’re constantly striving to improve and keep abreast of all the latest technology, workflow tips, and tools.
- You can work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable working with feedback and take direction effectively.
- You are able to present, discuss and critique your own work as well as that of others within the team, providing sensitive, yet effective feedback and direction.
- You can draw inspiration from a variety of sources outside of games.
- You can take the initiative, have great written and verbal communication skills, and know how to manage your time effectively.
- Experience with Max or Maya.
- Scripting experience in MEL or MAXScipt.
- Experience using Unity.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Nov 2018