Automaton is seeking a talented Asset/Prop Artist to join our team! The ideal candidate will work closely with the Environment Art Team to create 3D assets and integrate them into game levels. They should have a discerning eye for style without sacrificing quality or composition, and should have an exceptional eye for detail with a focus on visual storytelling. This is a unique opportunity to join a young, fast-growing company in the games industry committed to shaping the future of great gaming!
- Create high quality, highly realistic PBR assets and props at high and low resolutions for in-game and promotional uses.
- Create 3D assets to spec, optimized for the game engine and maintain clean files with proper naming conventions.
- Collaborate with tech artists, animators and designers to ensure assets meet tech and gameplay requirements.
- Game industry experience preferred, minimum of one year. Skills and experience of delivery throughout all areas of the development cycle is a must.
- A strong portfolio that showcases realistic hard-surface modeling skills.
- Excellent skill in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work.
- Deep knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and other asset creation tools.
- Good analytic eye for volumes, shapes, proportions, detail distribution, color and materials composition.
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art when available, as well as ability to provide their own.
- Able to communicate effectively with other team members and be proactive at problem solving.
- Experience with PBR engines like CryEngine, Unreal, or Unity.
- Right to live and work in the UK.
- All applicants must submit a portfolio/work samples in order to be considered. (Portfolio must contain examples of realistic 3D asset work.)
- Experience in design, industrial design, graphic design, illustration, photography or other pictorial domain.
- Exceptional texture creation ability with a focus on realism; hand-painted textures.
- Strong traditional art or crafting skills.
- Bachelor's degree in an Art related subject.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, life assurance and travel insurance.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
- Gym membership.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Dec 2017
Closing date: 1 June 2018