Automaton is looking for an Animator to join their team. The applicant's primary skills should lie in character animation as you will be expected to use those skills to animate a vast array of characters, from bipeds to quadrupeds.
- Create, iterate and polish AAA-level, game-ready character animations in Autodesk Maya.
- Import and test character animations and rigs in the game engine itself.
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across the team.
- Work with the development team to resolve technical issues with animations.
- Participate in game playthroughs reporting issues and providing feedback.
- Recognise areas of opportunity and help others create AAA-standard work.
- Proficient in keyframe animation, creating strong and dynamic key poses.
- Strong knowledge of motion capture and its use in conjunction with keyframe animation.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately, demonstrating your efficiency without compromising on quality.
- A technical understanding of animation tools and pipelines.
- Game industry experience preferred but not necessary. Skills and experience of delivery throughout all areas of the development cycle is a huge plus.
- Experience in technical aspects of animation such as scripting.
- An understanding of rigging or skinning methods.
- Experience in animation state machines.
- Experience using a variety of game engines, such as CryEngine and Unity.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Please note: Applications submitted without portfolio will not be considered.
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Art and Design
Posted on: 1 Aug 2018
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019